1. Protecting your privacy
- We don't run banner ads, pop ups, pop unders, or any other kind of commercial ads.
- We don't share your information with third parties for marketing purposes.
- We don't engage in cross-marketing or link-referral programs with other sites.
- We don't employ tracking devices for marketing purposes ("cookies", "web beacons," single-pixel gifs).
- We don't send you unsolicited communications for marketing purposes.
- We do not knowingly collect any information from persons under the age of 13. If we learn that a posting is by a person under the age of 13, we will remove that post.
- We, or people who post on everythingtree, may provide links to third party websites, which may have different privacy practices. We are not responsible for, nor have any control over, the privacy policies of those third party websites, and encourage all users to read the privacy policies of each and every website visited.
2. Data we collect
- We sometimes collect your email address, for purposes such as sending self-publishing and confirmation emails, authenticating user accounts, etc.
- For paid subscriptions, we collect contact information, such as name(s), phone/fax number(s), and address for billing purposes.
- We do not store credit card information. Credit card transactions are transmitted to a financial gateway, and we endeavor to protect the security of your payment information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology.
- We may collect personal information if you provide it in posts or replies or if you contact us directly. Please do not post any personal information that you expect to keep private.
- Our web logs collect standard web log entries for each page served, including your IP address, page URL, and timestamp. Web logs help us to diagnose problems with our server, to administer the site, and to otherwise provide our service to you.
3. Data we store
- All postings are stored in our database, even after "deletion," and may be archived elsewhere.
- Our web logs and other records are stored indefinitely.
- Although we make good faith efforts to store the information in a secure operating environment that is not available to the public, we cannot guarantee complete security.
4. Archiving and display of everythingtree postings by search engines and other sites
- Search engines and other sites not affiliated with everythingtree - including archive.org and google.com - archive or otherwise make available everythingtree postings.
5. Circumstances in which everythingtree may release information
- everythingtree may disclose information about its users if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to respond to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process.
- everythingtree may also disclose information about its users to law enforcement officers or others, in the good faith belief that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to: enforce our Terms of Service; respond to claims that any posting or other content violates the rights of third-parties; or protect the rights, property, or personal safety of everythingtree, its users or the general public.
6. International Users
- By visiting our web site and providing us with data, you acknowledge and agree that due to the international dimension of everythingtree.com we may use the data collected in the course of our relationship for the purposes identified in this policy or in our other communications with you, including the transmission of information outside your resident jurisdiction. In addition, please understand that such data may be stored on servers located in the United States. By providing us with your data, you consent to the transfer of such data.